Charities Supported by CHIRAAG (annual fund raising dinner)
|Year||Endowment Chair||Charity Name|
|1995||Sudhir Mehta||Project Act|
|1996||L C Rao|
|1997||Vasu Pandrangi||Boys Hope|
|1999||Anjali Ambekar||Cleveland Sight Center|
|2004||Saroj Mahalaha||The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation|
|2005||Arun Gupta||The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society|
MetroHealth Burns Unit
|2009||Geeta Gupta||The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society|
The Diabetes Association of Greater Cleve.
Other Charitable Activities
- AIPNO has supported Medical Camp in conjunction with Bidada Sarvodaya Trust for past 7 years. A team of AIPNO doctors conducts a Medical Yatra regularly to help underserved populations.
- AIPNO and BAPS Medical Services have held Health Fairs for 7 consecutive years;
- -Health Fair in 2001 benefited over 600 people, Indian and non-Indian
- -100 physicians from 25 specialties volunteered time and expertise
- -provided screening tests and examinations
- For the past 5 years, AIPNO has held Health Fair at Shiva Vishnu Temple benefiting Indian and non-Indian people
- AIPNO raised over $100,000 in relief aid for victims of January 26, 2001 earthquake in Gujarat, India
- -set up medical camps to provide treatment for earthquake victims
- AIPNO donated $38,000 to Red Cross for victims of December 2004 Asian tsunami, and sent medical team to provide medical services
- AIPNO donated $5,000 to Red Cross for victims of hurricanes Katrina and Rita; also donated toys for children in affected areas
- AIPNO with help of various other organizations raised over $250,000 in relief aid for victims of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on World Trade Center and Washington, DC at fundraiser held at Renaissance
- AIPNO has donated regularly (4000 – 5000 dollars each year) as matching funds to support Project Seva – a charitable activity of FICA.